During Miami Swim Week I went to a bloggers networking event where I met Caro (@caromakeup._) through a mutual friend. You know those people that you instantly click with? That's exactly what happened with us! She has a remarkable sense of passion towards makeup and decided to start a Youtube channel a couple months ago. Slowly but surely she is growing as she shares makeup tips and tricks to her subscribers through her bubbly personality! We immediately agreed that we needed to combine our platforms and create something together and that's how this cute back to school look was born!
Caro wanted to create a glowy, natural look that could be done quickly for those individuals who are on a time crunch or who simply rather spend more time sleeping and less time getting ready (like me). She used the following products which I loved:
- Cover Girl Clean Matte Foundation (super light weight and perfect for school)
- Tarte blush in "Thriled" (gives you the most natural flushed look)
- Physicians Formula Butter Bronzer (she actually didn't bronze my face she just used this in the crease of my eyes to add a little bit of dimension)
- Benefit Goof Proof Brow pencil (BROWS ARE EVERYTHING! She lightly filled in the sparse areas of my brows and it changed my look completely)
- Loreal Lash Paradise Mascara (I was shook with this mascara! After I discovered the Loreal Voluminous Carbon Black I thought I would never use another mascara again and I was wrong. This mascara is soooo good and it's only $8 at the drug store)
- Rose Water (Caro has extremely sensitive skin so she likes to use as much natural products as she can. She used rose water to set the makeup and it looked great throughout the day!)
For the outfit I wanted to go for a cute yet simple look! I decided to wear this super flattering striped blue and white dress from Forever 21! I have always loved tying jackets or sweaters around my waist to add an edge to a look and this dress comes with built in sleeves that you tie around your waist, which I loved! I paired the super girly dress with high top white converse which gave the look a bit of an edge!
I am not one to wear a lot of jewelry but I thought the 3 in 1 necklace I got from Forever 21 a while back added a sense of detail to the outfit and tied it together! This year I got a new Marc Jacobs backpack for school that is small, yet super spacious but of course any backpack looks great with this look!
I had so much fun creating this look along side Caro! I am extremely shy on camera, something that has stopped me from showing more of me on my blog. Caro made me feel extremely comfortable and helped me gain a little confidence so that I can start sharing more with you guys, which I am very thankful for!
If you want to learn more about makeup, follow Caro (@caromakeup._) on Instagram and subscribe to her Youtube channel she is the best!
Valeria Laguna x
Dress: Forever 21; Shoes: Converse; Glasses: ZeroUV; Backpack: Marc Jacobs